spring

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Graeme Ryker Sutherland

Our Saturday was a nice but unusual day spent at home watching TV, cleaning, doing baby laundry and finishing up some last minute baby projects. I was such a nice day that we had planned on relaxing on Sunday as well... :) Sunday morning I work up with pains at around 4:30 or was it 3:30 silly time change. The pains were every 10 minutes apart so we called labor and delivery. The nurse said to watch them over the next hour and if they get close to call again. Well we watched them and they didn't get closer but kind of went away. We were able to go back to sleep and then woke again around 7:00 am with the same kind of pains but nothing real close. After getting ready for the day at 8:30 just in case and eating some oh so healthy Mac and cheese. (Yes I know it was early in the morning but it was my first craving.) After eating and just hanging out on the couch with Jared, I experienced two very long and painful contractions. I just had a feeling that I needed to call into the doctors office and that is what I did! After speaking with the answering service I found out that my Doctor was actually on-call that day and she gave me a call back. With that call we realized that we might be having a baby sometime soon. Dr. Morrison did not ask many questions but said come to the hospital and that she would meet us at Stormont-Vail. After this phone call the day went by at an exceptionally fast pace. Being a planner most everything for Graeme and I was already in the car but we had to grab those last minute items and the camera. We arrived at the hospital a little after 12:00 pm. We got all of our paper work and headed off to triage to be monitored. The nurse told us what to expect and what would cause them to keep me or deliver the baby that day. After hearing all of that and being checked I was still dilated to 5 cm I really thought that I would be going home. The thought of this kind of made me sad because I had already told Jared and I was tired of being pregnant and thought it would be nice if Sunday was my last day as pregnant woman. :) After being checked they continued to monitor my contractions and I did not think they were consistent. Well guess I was wrong because they were coming 3-4 minutes and some of them lasting up to 4 minutes. This made my doctor worried and being in active labor was not a situation that she wanted be to be in due to Graeme being breech but remember my lovely bowl of Mac and Cheese that I had at 9:30 or 10:00 well they worried that I would get sick while in surgery, so we were told it would probably be no earlier then 6 pm. This is when Jared called our family and friends with the news. Well the other doctors did not see it as an issue and when Jared returned from making it calls, he was greeted by the nurse telling him to put on his scrub clothes for surgery. I was able to walk into the OR and our sweet baby Graeme Ryker Sutherland was born at 1:30 pm. He weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz and 19 inches long. We do not think the length is correct due to the nurse having trouble getting his legs to stretch out but oh well! All I know is that his arms and legs are long and he does not get that from his mother. We were blessed to have a large number of our family members waiting in the waiting room to meet our little guy. They were even allowed to watch him take his fist bath. Below is a few of the pictures of from our hospital stay!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a photo slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers