spring

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baby Sutherland.. Update :)

Since the day we found out we were going to be parents, I have hated the thought of the every so talked about blood glucose test. Well, yesterday was the day and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. To ensure that I would pass, I did not eat one single carbohydrate prior to my appointment. I did not want to stack any of the cards against me. When I arrived at the doctor they took be right back to the lab where I was given an orange drink that contained 50g of glucose. Yum! It had to be consumed in five minutes and the lady just stared at me. Awkward. The drink just tasted like a melted orange Popsicle, which was never my favorite color as a kid but I managed. The results came back and I passed and this means I do not have to take the 3 hour glucose test! YAY! I just didn't want to fail and have to go meet with one of those crazy dietitians.. :)



Baby Sutherland is doing great and measuring in at 27 1/2 weeks, which is right on target! Heartbeat was 135-145 beats per minute and he continues to be very active. Jared and I are getting more and more excited each day for him to arrive. Hurry Up November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers